Where do you need to make polite requests? Think of some possible situations. Discuss them with your partner.
你在哪儿需要使用有礼貌的请求?想一些可能的情况。和你的搭档一起讨论它们。
Read the article and underline the topic sentence for each paragraph.
读文章,在每段的主题句下画线。
USING SUITABLE LANGUAGE
In different situations, you need to choose and use suitable language based on cultural knowledge.
在不同的情况下,你需要选择和使用基于文化知识的适当的语言。
Could You Please... ?
请问,您可以……吗?
When you visit a foreign country,it is important to know how to ask for help politely. For example,you may ask"Where are the restrooms?"or"Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?"These are similar requests for directions. Both are correct, but the first one sounds less polite. That is because it is a very direct question It is not enough to just ask a question correctly. We also need to learn how to be polite when we ask for help.
当你到外国游玩,了解如何礼貌地请求帮助十分重要。例如,你可能会问Where are the restrooms?(卫生间在哪里?)和Could you please tell me where the restrooms are?(您能告诉我卫生间在哪里吗?)这些均是对问路去某处近似于请求的问句。两者都是正确的英语,但第一句听着却不那么礼貌,这回事因为它提问过于直接。当我们求助的时候,仅仅正确地问问题是不够的,还需要学习如何表达才有礼貌。
Good speakers change the way they speak in different situations. The expressions they use might depend on whom they are speaking to or how well they know each other. It is all right to ask direct questions to your classmates because you know them well. However,if you say to your teacher,"When is the school trip?", this might sound impolite. But if you say,"Excuse me, Mr. West. Do you know when the school trip is?",this will sound much more polite.
优秀的说话者在不同情境会改变自己说话的方式。他们所使用的表述或许取决于他们与谁交谈,以及与谈话者之间的熟悉程度。你对你的同学问话直接是完全得当的,原因是你很熟悉你的同学。然而,如果你对老师说When is the school trip?(学校郊游在什么时候?),这也许会听着不够礼貌;但要是你说Excuse me, Mr. West. Do you know when the school trip is?(请问,韦斯特老师,您知道学校什么时候郊游吗?),这听起来就要礼貌得多。
Usually polite questions are longer. They include expressions such as"Could you please... ?"or"May I ask... ?"It sounds more polite to say, "Peter, could you please tell me your e-mail address?"than"Peter, tell me your e-mail address." Sometimes we even need to spend time leading in to a request. For example,we might first say to a stranger,"Excuse me,I wonder if you can help me"or"I'm sorry to trouble you,but... "before asking for help.
通常,礼貌的问题要长一些,并且包含诸如Could you please...?或May I ask...?这样的语言内容。说Peter, could you please tell me your e-mail address?(彼得,麻烦你给我说一下你的电邮地址好吗?)就比说Peter, tell me your e-mail address.(彼得,把你的电邮地址告诉我。)听上去更有礼貌。有时我们甚至需要花些时间来导入我们的请求。例如面对陌生人,我们或许先说Excuse me,I wonder if you can help me(劳驾,我想您能否帮我一下)或I'm sorry to trouble you,but...(十分抱歉打扰您,可是……),之后才说出请求帮助的内容。
It might seem more difficult to speak politely than directly. However,it is important to learn how to use the right Ianguage in different situations. This will help you communicate better with other people.
礼貌措辞比起直白说话似乎要难一些,但学习如何使用得当的语言是很重要的。这会帮助你与他人更好地进行交流。
Pardon me,could you please tell me where to park my car?
对不起,请问你能告诉我在哪儿停车吗?
Sure. There's an underground parking lot over there.
当然可以。那边有个地下停车场。
Where's the post office?
邮局在哪儿?
Sorry. I can't help you.
对不起。我帮不了你。
Find all the direct questions and polite requests from the passage.
在文中找出所有直接问句和礼貌的请求。
Read the requests below. In the second column, write A if you would say it to someone you know and B if you would say it to a stranger. In the last column, write where you think these people are.
读下面的请求,在第二栏中,如果你对熟人说,就写A,如果你对陌生人说,就写B。在最后一栏中,写出你认为这些人在哪儿。
小编推荐: 人教版九年级上册英语Unit1 SectionA 3部分课文翻译人教版九年级上册英语Unit1 SectionA 1部分课文翻译人教版九年级上册英语Unit1 SectionB 2部分课文翻译
书通网www.kj-cy.cn为广大网友提供: 优美的诗句、伤感的句子、好词好句、唯美的句子、思念的诗句、经典语句等学习生活资源。